I have been in high pursuit of happiness for most of my life.
To wake up happy, go to bed happy, and to experience a blow-your-mind kind of happiness in between, is the ultimate form of bliss for me.
That’s what I strive for.
Is my mind blown daily? Honestly, no. But, when I experience a day filled with the kind of happiness that does blow my mind, it’s not by accident.
I hear everyone wants to be happy. And, for the most part, that is true.
The trouble is: wanting happiness is not enough to make you happy.
To be happy, you must be in pursuit of it.
Your choices, your day, your effort- your life must be pointed in the direction of happiness.
You must choose happiness above all else.
5 CHOICES THAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY & BLOW YOUR MIND
1. Choose happiness over complacency. Don’t miss the opportunity to be blown away. To be content or satisfied with your level of bliss is one thing. But, to be complacent or voluntarily unaware of the potential for mind blowing happiness is another. Let life blow your mind.
2. Choose happiness over fear. Sure, pursuing a new relationship, a new career, or a new goal, can present fear. Getting a new hair cut can be scary (at least that’s how I felt just before cutting my hair in May.) But, on the other side of that fear is the happiness you’ve always wanted. That happiness is worth stepping up to your fears and telling them to get out of your way.
3. Choose your happiness over the happiness of others. This is a big one. Believe me- I know. But, as a former people pleaser, I’m telling you it will change your entire life. You need to be happy to be at your best. Not everyone is going to be happy with the choices you NEED to make to be happy. But, your life is your responsibility. Period. Do what makes you happy. If the people in your life care anything about you, they will learn to be okay with that.
4. Choose happiness over unhappiness. It’s simple. It makes sense. It works every time.
5. Choose happiness over typical. The typical house, the typical job, the typical car, the typical family, or the typical goal may not be for you. I, for one, have never been a fan of typical. Pursue what makes you happy, what fires you up, what makes you feel awesome- and don’t think twice about.
Until next time, Love...
"Pursue something you freaking love!
And, the process that it will take you to get it, will be worth it."